Friday, October 14, 2016

Those Warlike Lads of Russia...

Hello again,
Just a quick one. As I mentioned before I have started playing Sharp Practice 2 for Napoleonic skirmish games. The rules are a lot of fun and that has got me motivated to get back to painting some Napoleonics.
These stoic chaps have been on my painting table for over a year sitting about 80% done. So I put in a couple of days to finally finish them off.


I give you the 1st battalion, New Ingermanland infantry regiment.






 


All the miniatures are Perry Miniatures plastics. They are lovely figures!


With this finished battalion I now have three complete battalions and a couple of artillery pieces and limbers completed. On the painting table I have another battalion at about 30% complete plus a unit of Russian Dragoons which I'm looking forward to painting.





I am still a long way off getting in a game of Black Powder with these chaps but Sharp Practice will keep me busy until then.





Oh after taking the photos I realized that I had attached the regiment flag upside down Doh!
Anyway I have spare flags so it was easily fixed.


Flags are by GMB designs by the way.


Cheers
Neil




BTW if you're interested in the reasoning behind the title of this blog post check this out:




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJ7DuwwaH8




http://show-of-hands.tripod.com/thewarlikeladsofrussia.html



No comments:

Post a Comment