Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Achtung Schweinehund - Harry Pearson

I am a child of the 70s and Early 80s. I was born in Wales but immigrated to Australia in 1978 but even though I left the UK, we still had a lot of culture similar to the UK. As such the following book was a trip down memory lane for me.

Harry Pearson is a wargamer through and through, in fact by most people's standards he would probably be classed as a fanatic if his descriptions of his collections of armies are anything to go by and some of his friends are even worse! (Or better depending on your own degree of wargaming affliction)

His descriptions of his childhood growing up with commando comics, action man and toy soldiers was very similar to my own and he views on the hobby of wargaming seem to me almost as if he had written my own biography.

If you are of a slightly later vintage than I then you may miss some of the references, otherwise this is a cracking read and should be on the bookshelf of every wargamer.



No comments:

Post a Comment